Credit hour : 92 credit hours
Duration of study: 3 years (6 semesters)
- Passed SPM / SPMV / O-Level with minimum 5 credits; Mathematics, Science, Malay language and 2 credits for any other subjects and Pass English language subjects
- Passed Certificate from IPTS approved by Ministry of Higher Education with Standard Minimum; or
- Any qualifications that are recognized by the Malaysian Government; or
- Overseas qualifications that are recognized by the Malaysian Government.
The Medical Assistant Program of PICOMS will be recognized for its premier educational and support services providing quality and cost-effective solutions for our community. We will promote an organizational culture fostering collaboration, innovation, efficiency, excellence and leadership to be a leading center for excellence in nursing education in Malaysia through innovative teaching, advanced training and continuous research.
The Diploma Medical Assistant Student, will coordinate the interdisciplinary team, to provide a safe, caring and professional health care experience that meets each person’s unique needs across the life span continuum. The program, committed to meeting the educational needs of its urban population, affirms the following objectives:
- To provide access to a common body of knowledge and opportunities to develop a lifelong love of learning
- To develop the ability to think analytically and creatively
- To broaden educational opportunities through joint programs with other institutions locally, nationally and internationally
- To promote an understanding of and respect for such differences as gender, age, ethnicity, culture, religion, sexual orientation and physical ability
- To advance the understanding and use of emerging technologies
- To serve as a center for the continuing educational and cultural needs of the region through access to the College’s facilities and expertise in the academic disciplines and professional fields.
- To promote and advocate for the health, safety and rights of each patient
- To monitor medical assistant practice and patient care outcomes that assure that the care given is consistent with the standards-based practice
- To promote the implementation of best-practice systems for patient care delivery to maximize productivity while providing the highest level of safe, efficient and effective medical assistant practice
- To promote a professional environment that emphasizes collaborative relationships with other health professionals
- To participate in assessing the health needs of the community and assist with program development to address these needs.
- To assure maintenance of medical competencies and encourage participation in those activities that contributes to the ongoing development of the individual medical assistant, the profession and other health professions.
- To collaborate with clinical medical assistant, medical assistant managers and medical assistant specialists to identify the learning needs of the patients to determine priorities for educational programs
After completing this programme, the graduates shall be able to:
- Develope a high sense of commitment for patient-care and in all areas of medicine and patient-care, especially as a Medical Assistant.
- Gather excellent knowledge and skills to apply these aspects while working in different fields of medicine.
- Develope a positive attitude in all aspects of health services with sense of responsibility, efficient work and dedication.
- Acquire compassionate, holistic patient-care in all areas of medicine and nursing-care.
- Emulate self-directed learning and have a positive approach for continuous professional development.
- Explain and differentiate the roles and responsibilities of a Medical Assistant in all areas of working environment.
Diploma in Medical Assistant graduates may find work in various places such as follows:
- Community health centres
- Government hospitals.
- Health centres.
- Nursing homes or private care centres.
- Private hospitals.
- Private clinics.
- Universities and Colleges.
Note on Code of subject:
‘P’ indicate PUSRAWI
‘D’ indicate DIPLOMA
‘MA’ indicate MEDICAL ASSISTANT
First digit number indicate YEAR course offered
Second digit number indicate SEMESTER course offered
Third & fourth digit number indicate SERIAL number
Fifth digit number indicate CREDIT value
Total Credit: 92